ELECTROCHEMICAL CORROSION TESTING
Corrosion can be detected and measured with sensitive electronic instruments long before the corrosion can be seen under a microscope. Thus, electrochemical corrosion testing—when used with the appropriate protocols and models—provides accelerated results. Accelerated results allow faster-to-market product introductions at a significantly lower risk than the corresponding risk for conventional storage stability tests.
The Aristartec® state-of-the-art electrochemical corrosion laboratory has the capability for both small and large projects. Our Beaker-to-Boxcar programs provide a cost effective way to obtain a large number of corrosion test results for new and derivative products.
We conduct corrosion tests on:
- All types of spray and aerosol packaging (liquid product phase corrosion, vapor phase corrosion, aerosol valve corrosion, laminated bags attached to aerosol valves, plastic bottles with pumps and trigger sprayers)
- Packaging fabricated from laminated metal foils, such as toothpaste tubes
- Food and beverage packaging
- Chemical processing equipment, transfer piping, storage tanks, pumps, etc.
- A wide range of coated and uncoated metals and metal alloys
We developed a unique and proprietary advanced electrochemical test protocol for measuring and predicting coated metal pitting corrosion in liquids and vapors.